LV Halloween Guidelines
Friday, October 25, 2019
Also along with the month of October, comes the scary thought of Halloween! Some important Lakeview pointers for a safe and fun day are:
- This year, our classroom Halloween parties will be held during the day on Thursday, October 31st. Children are allowed to bring a costume to school that day to wear during their class party. (They do not put their costume on until right before the party is scheduled to begin.) Since 2ndgrade is having their party right away, 2ndgrade students may wear their costume to school if they wish. They will take them off after their party.
- It is an early dismissal Thursday!
- We ask that costumes are appropriate for school with no weapons, blood, or gore . We really try to keep our children on the safe track for Halloween. We also ask that there be no make-up or hair dye / hair spray . Please save that for your evening and weekend Halloween parties.
- Please remember that all treats for the Halloween parties follow the district Wellness policy and must have the ingredient label intact. No food “goodie bags” are permitted. If you have a “goodie bag” with non-edible treats, that is certainly permissible!
- Families coming to their child(ren)’s party should use the main entrance but you do not need to sign in. There would be too much congestion in the office!
- If you would like to take your child(ren) with you after their party, please understand that your child will be counted as a half day absent if it is more than an hour before the end of the school day (prior to 12:39 p.m.). If it is more than 10 minutes before the end of the day (prior to 1:29), they would be marked as a tardy.
Thank you for your support in this matter and “Trick or Treat” safely!