Solon Middle School - Academic Programs - Home
Solon Middle School Vision
The Solon Middle School Team provides a safe and positive infrastructure that will support and enrich our students' lives through a challenging curriculum that meets the unique transitional needs of middle level children.
Solon Community School District Mission
Engage each and every student in rigorous and relevant learning experiences, maximizing achievement through exceptional teaching.
Solon Community School District Vision
Graduate each and every student prepared for postsecondary success.
Solon Community School District Core Values
- We believe that each student is a unique individual who must be encouraged and provided opportunities to reach his or her full potential.
- We believe basic learning skills are the foundation for life long learning and meeting the new challenges in a diverse and changing world.
- We believe that each child develops an enthusiasm for learning through positive, safe and healthy experiences in home, school and community activities.
- We believe integrity shown through responsibility and respect to all people is fundamental to the community.
- We believe the success of the school and community depends on open communication, interaction, commitment and planning for the future.
National Middle School Association Beliefs
Developmentally responsive middle level schools are characterized by:
- Educators committed to young adolescents
- A shared vision
- High expectations for all
- An adult advocate for every student
- Family and community partnerships
- A positive school climate
Therefore, developmentally responsive middle level schools provide:
- Curriculum that is challenging, integrative, and exploratory
- Varied teaching and learning approaches
- Assessment and evaluation that promote learning
- Flexible organizational structures
- Programs and policies that foster health, wellness and safety
- Comprehensive guidance and support services